The class will use Promax ( junior Rotax max ) engines & 165kg minimum weight incl driver.
The advantages of using these reliable engines are;
1) A fresh engine should last the whole season without a rebuild.
2) The tyres can last 2 to 3 races
3) The kart will use less fuel
4) Less strain & pressure on the driver
5) The kart will use a hard axle which should last at least 3 race days ( 18 hours on track!)
6) Sprocket size will be specified by OEKC for each circuit
7) Wear & tear on the chassis will be less
8) Teams/drivers will be able to change / upgrade to a senior max team anytime they want.
9) Promax teams will score points in the main championship as well as in the PROMAX championship.
10) Overall running costs should be substantially lower than running in the current classes.
If you are interested in hiring a Griffiths Motor Sports (GMS) prepared ProMax for a test drive please email me asap. email@example.com
The cost to race per driver in a team of 6 will be £150 each which includes your race entry fee
If you want to buy & prepare your own promax kart for OEKC that’s good too. You must run with yellow plates & black numbers, yellow back bumper & a hard axle. GMS have Promax karts available for sale 01732 850858
You are welcome to come along and chat with drivers & watch any OEKC race.